Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 31 effective...

Down .5 lbs. bringing the total to 21 lbs. lost. Feeling and looking pretty good. Though I am starting to dwell on adding things like cheese and olives to my diet...missing those items in a big way.

Had an odd experience yesterday...took a wee sip of my honey's Horny Toad Margarita (Hornitos, lime juice, Grand Marnier on the rocks, of course) and it tasted awful to me. Making me wonder if HCG's claims that your cravings will change over the course of the protocol is proving true. I mean nothing! And let me tell you, I love the Horny Toad.

As my feeble mind pondered this odd turn of events, I vaguely recalled reading once that a new habit (good or bad) takes three weeks to stick. Seeing as it has been over four weeks since my last "beverage of moderation," have I (horror of horrors) moved beyond the drinking stage? Egads! Though, make no mistake, champagne is not in this category...I'll choke that back even if it tastes like turpentine to me...that's a whole social/romantic event that will not be sacrificed to the diet Gods.

It is Monday and another work week begins. Need to plan food accordingly as I'll be traveling a couple of days...looking forward to that challenge.

Eat and be well,

Jane Doh!

2 comments:

  1. 21 pounds in 31 days? Great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy, huh? I'm loving it...and tho a challenge...this HCG protocol is not as difficult as I anticipated.

    I have also come to the realization that all those diets that allow for splurges are not for me...at least not at the start. Personally, I need to lose a fair amount of weight quickly (yeah, I know...I didn't gain it quickly...what-ev-ah!)...this way I'm more motivated to keep it off and truly exercise good judgement moving forward in relation to portions and food choices.

    Speaking of exercise...I need to step that up, as well. Ah, the battle for beauty wages on! Thanks for the encouragement, Jim.

    Jane Doh!

    ReplyDelete