Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 24...effective.

Back to -17.2 lbs., bringing me to 179.5 lbs. Still not sure why Sunday was a gain day. Annoying, to say the least.

And to add insult to injury, it is Monday again. Now that a series of high-pressure events are over and done with, I'm looking forward to some quiet time with other less stressful clients. In fact, speaking of clients, I am so firing my annoying hair dresser. No, not for a lousy hair cut (tho that's a topic for another time...I am so NOT a "texture" gal)...no, for just being a general pain in my ass who does not pay his bills. Reason enough, no? Ah, the relief one feels when divesting themselves of life's dead wood.

As for the diet...I have come to the realization, I'm not the 1 lb.-per-day person most others seem to be when on the HCG protocol. And, I assure you, gentle reader, it is not because of even the occasional cheat. Further proving, nothing is ever easy.

Well, except for my husband. He cuts out ice cream and loses 3+ lbs. a week. It's enough to make me sick! Ice cream! My lips have not tasted ice cream in two long, lonesome years. But I digress...

Came up with a nifty chicken topper...oil-free salsa. Not the biggest fan of peppers (upset my tummy, don't you know), I created my own fab version of salsa: chopped cukes, toms (both seeded...to reduce bitterness), red onion and cilantro with salt, pepper, several dashes of your favorite hot sauce and red wine vinegar to taste. Chop onions first and "bloom" with several shakes of vinegar (again, reduces bitterness), then chop remaining ingredients. If in phase three, a few tablespoons of olive oil adds further depth, but during phase two, the vinegar only is really quite good. I've enjoyed it on white fish and shrimp, too.

That's it for today. Back to the salt mines.

Eat and be well,

Jane Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment