Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 22...effective.

Down another pound for a total of 17.2...go me!

NOTE TO SELF: when ordering a "naked" caesar salad at a restaurant, be sure to tell the-not-so-bright-server that naked means no dressing, croutons or cheese. Though, I must say, the dusting of parmesan that remained on the lettuce leaves I diligently tried to shake clean, was really, really delicious...and, yes, I still lost a pound this morning.

Okay, so I am still 18 days out from the end of my 40 day protocol, but I'm already thinking about the next Phase...maintenance (lots more protein and veggies/fruit, plus good fats (olive oil, nuts, etc., but no starches or sugars).

Came to the sad realization that there are many things I will never likely eat again. I'd say, in moderation, what harm? But, I know myself...moderation and my fave go-to snax do not mix. Kind of like plaids and stripes (I don't care what Tim Gunn says).

So, farewell, I say, to my dear friends: Chinese chicken wings (extra crispy, don't you know); french fries (any kind, any time); puff pastry (I'll still indulge in my absolutely delicious homemade chicken pot pie, but it will be a considerably smaller portion and lacking said pastry); and pasta (okay, maybe not the occasional Dan-Dan noodles ("one noodle at a time"), but on the whole, ba-bye).

But it's not all doom and gloom...really, it's not. As I've mentioned previously, this is a life change for me. The 40 day jump start is getting me where I want to be weight wise (quickly, I might add, as it is no secret, I have the attention span of a gnat), but make no mistake, completion of the process does not give me license to go back to MickeyD's, et al. If I do, I guarantee I'll gain all the weight I lost back and then some.

I've even been thinking about alcohol and how to best work it back into my life. Reality: I miss sharing a bottle of champagne with my sweetie...and can not wait to get back to that. But thinking seriously that I may give up wine and such in total. I've noticed that, rarely do we finish a bottle of bubbly and crack another...the two and half glasses gives a nice glow and all is good. Wine, on the other hand, we can't seem to open that second (and sometimes third) bottle quick enough. No wonder I'm hungover and feel like ass in the morning! That's a bottle and a half...for just me! YIKES...I feel a headache coming on just writing about it.

But, alas, who knows how I'll fare? Only time...and my daily blog...will tell.

Wishing a great Saturday to all.

Eat and be well,

Jane Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment