Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 11...effective

Alas...my first setback. When I stepped on the scale this morning, I was up .2 lbs. since yesterday. And I did not cheat...haven't since I started the diet, in fact.

However, I'm not totally surprised. Though not required, I am in the habit of tracking my food intake everyday. I use this very cool iPhone app called "Edibles." The only pain in the butt is that you have to get the calorie count (I use www.calorieking.com) and type in each thing that you eat (only once)...but, after you get all your typical foods in, you are good-to-go. This app also tracks your weight (including calculation of your BMI...I just dipped below 30...woo-hoo!) and credits you calories for any exercise.

As I was saying, I keep a count all day and, again, I did not cheat, but my total calorie intake for the day was (in relation to this protocol) a staggering 635 calories...I've been averaging 490-525. Still a low number, but between not taking the HCG because of my period, some not-so-great choices for my two proteins (chix and beef...I usually do one of those and a fish or shrimp), plus only 72 oz. of H2O...I'm guessing this wacky misalignment of the diet stars can easily be attributed to the minor gain.

Happily, I'm back on the HCG today and I will drink my customary 100 oz. plus of water. I am confident tomorrow will be a banner weigh-in day.

Ordinarily, a setback...even this wee...would put me into a tailspin. My mind would scream, "Why flippin' bother? Eating virtually nothing and...I. Still. Gained. Weight? That's it. I need bread (toasted and buttered...heavily), bacon and peanut butter...STAT!"

You get the idea. And yet...I'm still as committed as ever. Go figure.

As for food...I purchased the veal, but did not prep it last night...I'll let you know how yesterday's meal idea pans out.

Last night I did prepare a yummy concoction. Grilled chicken (a little salt and pepper on both sides), served atop fennel, shallot and tomatoes that I baked in the oven for 25 mins. @ 350ºF. Slice the first two ingredients wafer thin, lightly salt (to draw out moisture) and top with 10 grape tomatoes. Wrapped tightly in a tinfoil packet and placed in over (lower rack) until steamed to a nice al dente, about 20-25 mins. Top with cooked chicken (sliced), then added a few dashes of vinegar. Lovely.

It's a rainy, generally icky day here in New England...triggering a migraine for me. Fortunately, I've excellent drugs to manage same, but definitely not firing on all cylinders. Yet, I'll soldier on*.

Eat and be well,

Jane Doh!

* see previous "plucky Irish" reference in earlier post.

No comments:

Post a Comment