Friday, March 23, 2012

R3P2D12 -.6 (-11 total)


And the weekend is nearly upon us.

Lots of challenges in store for me. Late dinner out with my honey tonight (which means I'll eat before and enjoy water) and a big party tomorrow, complete with limo, dinner and dancing. Again, I'll eat prior to and just have water and coffee. Good news is, the meals are so late, I couldn't have lasted that long without eating anyway. Besides, the goal is to be social, not to eat.

I will, however, miss toasting a glass of Mama's Punch to the birthday boy, but I'll live (as will he), I'm sure.

As to tomorrow's attire...what should I don, hmmmm? A little dressy-poo? Silk peg-leg pants in a lovely silver and black brocade? Oooh, or maybe my dressy turtleneck-palazzo suit in jersey? Down 11lbs and the choices are endless...yea me!

Looking forward to enjoying some Apple Crumble Soup today...I do believe I need a special hCG treat. And I may head to my favorite Mexican place for lunch (they do me up a nice small portion of grilled chix (naked, of course), served on a bed of shredded lettuce with sliced cukes on the side). Great company and always a good time.

Then back to my desk and the aforementioned treat. Here's the recipe:

Apple Crumble Soup

1 apple, peeled and cored
1/2 cup water
Splash lemon juice
1 tsp. cinnamon/stevia mix (I use this on a lot of stuff)
1 crushed Melba toast

Slice apple into quarters and then into thin slices. Place all ingredients, except toast, into a pan and bring to a boil.

Simmer, stirring regularly, until desired doneness. I like a little firmness in some apples, as well as a little leftover, slightly thickened liquid (that's where the "soup" factor comes in).

Pour into serving bowl and top with crushed toast. This is P2 friendly...in P3 you can top with toast and a little shredded cheddar for even more flavor.

Eat and be well,

Jane Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment