Thursday, March 15, 2012

R3P2D4 -1.0 (-5.1 total)


Loving this. Feels good to be cleaning out the proverbial system, as well as dropping these lingering lbs.

St. Patty's Day is this Saturday...alas, no boiled dinner for me. Disappointing, I know, but beauty and fab-me-lous-ness has it's price. Besides, I want to look smokin' hot in my sweet new party dress for Sam & Dan's beach wedding at the end of June. A lovely, form fitting number that my current extra 8lbs. makes look dumpy...and Princess. Can. Not. Have. That!

Made a tasty Beef Chili today for lunch (plus one more serving for another day).

1 medium sized onion, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
7oz 95% Hamburger
2 Cups whole peeled tomatoes (Red Pack is a good brand)
Salt & pepper to taste
2 tsp CMTaco Blend (see below)

Heat (med/high) two tbl. water in sauce pan. Add onion, salt, pepper and 1 tsp CMTaco Blend. Cook until soft, about 4-5 mins. Push onions to side and place garlic. Heat 1 minute, being careful not to burn. Mix all together.

Push onions/garlic to side. Add meat, breaking up with spoon. Cook until no longer pink.

Add tomatoes and 1 tsp. CMTaco Blend.

Lower heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.

Makes 3 cups. 1 1/2 cups per serving.

CMTaco Blend
3 tbl. chili powder
2 tbl. cayenne powder
1 tbl. cumin
2 tsp. granulated onion powder
1 tsp. granulated garlic powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. white or black pepper
1 tsp. dried cilantro
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

Mix together and store in air-tight jar.

Yummy...my friends couldn't believe this chili was so diet friendly (about 260 cals per serving). Even lower cals (230) if made with boiled, shredded chicken (boil 7oz chicken in water mixed with 1 more tsp of the CMTaco Blend, about 10 mins.).

Okay...back to work and drinking lots of water. I'm double fisted at the moment...24oz H2O on my left; 8oz Chai Black Tea (Stash brand) on my right.

Eat and be well,

Jane Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment