Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ahhhh, the joys of turning 50

I am officially well into my fabulous-50th year...and it's not pretty. Bad back, lackluster hair, dull skin and brittle nails...not to mention, I've been averaging 8-11lbs over my last weigh-in weight since I started on the hormone patch as a way of managing night sweats and hot flashes. I ask you...this is not the fabulousness I had in mind...just sayin'.

So, long way of saying...I'm baaaaaaccccck.

I'm going to do a short round and get these (plus a few other) lbs off...once and for all.

Once again, I intend to follow the original Simeon's Protocol. My only exceptions will be a little mixing of veg (say onion and spinach sauteed with chicken and Greek seasonings...McCormick makes a good one. Always check label to be certain no sugars are added...if so, consider making your own: 2 parts dried oregano, 1 part, each, dried spearmint; garlic flakes; onion flakes, sea salt). I know, a lot of sites offer more veg choices and the whole 1 egg/1 slice bacon option for breakfast. Don't. Fall. For. It. It's 6 weeks (if you do a long round) at most...buck up baby...you'll be happy in the end. Not only will you look and feel great, but you will also be really proud of yourself. I'm looking forward to partying and drinking only water with lemon. No hangovers. No bloating. Just lost weight and inches.

I will start loading over the coming weekend (March 10 & 11), then begin the VLCD on March 12. A 21-day round takes me to April 1, and three more week in phase 3 brings me to April 25.

Daily results will be posted here, as well as my assorted thoughts and ideas (not to mention the occasional rant).

Eat and be well,

Jane Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment