Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stabilization...1 year, 115 days...?

Had an very early meeting this morning and in my haste to get out the door, I failed to weigh myself. But the other day I was 142.3...well under my goal weight, but, as you can see, still not hitting the 130s.

That said though...guess who fit quite nicely into size 8 petite jeans? Oh yeah. As my sweetie said, "Button, you are smokin' hot." 8P...I was born an 8P for chrissakes!

Have a lovely Mexican Black Bean Soup simmering in the crock pot for dinner tonight. Looking forward to that.

And heading to the doctor on Thursday to talk possible hormone replacement...perimenopause and night sweats are killing me. In the meantime, my regular doc gave me a scrip for Ambien...actually slept 7 straight hours last night...first time since before the new year. Woke feeling fabulous.

Must fly...conference call coming up.

Eat and be well,

Jane Doh!

PS: here's the Mexican Black Bean Soup recipe:

Mexican-Style Bean Soup
(Combo of several recipes, with my own changes tossed in for good measure…very filling at just 200 calories per 1.5 cups; 6 g of fat and 16 g of protein! From Colleen Turner)

8 servings, prep time: 10 mins., cook time: 4-6hrs (low), 6-8hrs (high)

1 Tbl extra virgin olive oil
1 large yellow onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 qt reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 28-oz can pureed tomato
1 cup frozen corn
1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 tsp salt
Tabasco to taste (I like 5 good shakes, at least)
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
6 Tbl crumbled feta or bleu cheese (optional)
1. Add all to crock pot, stirring to mix
2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, high 4-6 hours, or until veg are tender.
3. Ladle 1.5 cups into individual bowls and serve garnished with cilantro and 1 Tbl of crumbled cheese of choice.

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing people like you who are hiting the skinny jean look and loving life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HCGpower:

    Thanks! I'm pretty psyched myself. Had a minor gain (I just started hormone replacement therapy and my body is readjusting), but I'm not too concerned. As you know, nothing a little clean living won't cure!

    Jane!

    ReplyDelete