Monday, August 23, 2010

Stabilization...Day 281...148.9 (-.5 lbs.)

Down a half pound...amazingly!

Mom was rushed to ICU last Thursday...didn't look good but she is being discharged later this morning. Though still non responsive, the doc suggests that perhaps the hospital setting (constant poking and probing) is a factor in this.

We will certainly keep her as comfortable as possible, but intend to honor her DNR wishes by not instituting extraordinary measures, such as putting in a feeding tube. It's a difficult time, however we kids are trying to stay true to what Mom has always talked about in relation to her living will. Any and all prayers welcome.

RE: staying healthy. My honey and I did take the dog for a 6 mile walk on Friday...but little good that did considering I ate fried seafood on Thursday night, followed by clam chowder and scallops wrapped in bacon the next day. Saturday I did get back on track, but T's dad's 83rd birthday meant a small piece of cake! Must be the stress...that's the only thing I can think of to explain a loss.

Must get back into work groove...people are counting on me.

Eat and be well...I'll keep you posted.

Jane Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment