Thursday, March 18, 2010

Stabilization...Day 124

It is a good day...at minus 40.4 lbs. for two days now...exxxx-cellent, Smithers.

Tried the new "raw" restaurant in town (Grezzo)...one wedge salad with eggplant "bacon" and almond paste croutons, as well as one Thai lettuce wrap appy later and I can say with total confidence, I will never darken THAT doorway again! Not only was it expensive ($24 for just the salad and app...at lunchtime, no less), but I was hungry again before I even left the joint! That said, the food isn't bad, it's just not what this protein loving carnivore craves.

I will say, however, the meal certainly did not weigh heavy in my tummy...how could it? If I consumed more than 200 calories between both plates, I'm lucky. My fave snack of a medium sized apple and 1 tbl. of natural peanut butter has more calories, for chrissakes.

Oh, and this slays me...the server says, "Do you like olives?"
Me: "But, of course."
Her: "Great. I have a treat, compliments of the chef, just for you."

She proudly brings me two green, teeny-weeny, itsy-bitsy olives on one plate...and a second plate for the pitts, I'm guessing...

Me: "Doh!"

You gotta laugh. Eat and be well,

Jane Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment