Thursday, March 29, 2012

R3P2D18 -.2 (-12.4lbs)


"To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow, Creeps in this petty pace from day to day." So said Macbeth...a more apt description of my losses of late does not exist.

Though, I should be happy. An unexpected visit from TOM (this only 9 days after a two-week visit...gawd, I. Hate. Menopause.) and even a .2 loss is something!

So, I believe I've perfected my Chimichurri recipe...it is the ideal topper to jazz up our somewhat lackadaisical dishes...very bright in flavor and color. A little bit, though, goes a long way...I use about a tsp. as a condiment and log 5 cals for this amount.

Chimichurri

Makes 1 cup; 5 cals per tsp.

1/2 small onion, quartered
1 large bunch fresh cilantro
3-4 cloves garlic (good sized)
pinch dry oregano
pinch crushed red pepper flakes
3-4 tbl. vinegar (white, rice, champagne or red wine...NOT balsamic)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
pinch ground black pepper
1 lime, juiced and zested
Splash of water (to loosen if necessary)

Place all ingredients in a mini-chop, and pulse 10-15 times (or finely mince all ingredients and mix in bowl). Should look like the image at right. Store in a glass, air-tight container in refrigerator. Will keep for several weeks (discard when bright green color has turned dark).

I love this on top of hCG friendly chilis, grilled meats, steamed veggies...I'll even marinate in it...the uses are endless!

Eat and be well,

Jane Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment