Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Stabilization...Day 361...144.8 (+2.3 lbs.)

Yowza...look who's up! Granted, still below my goal weight (though only by .2), but my "friend" has been threatening for days now...but, alas, it is still a no show. Very bloated and crampy. Ah, the joys of being perimenopausal.

Been eating fine...lots of veggies and good proteins. And drinking gobs of water...so, I'm sure it's my body doing that voodoo that it do.

Made the most amazing Chili the other day. Extra lean hamburger (96%) and shell steak (trimmed of all visible fat), black and red beans, onions, garlic, whole & plum tomatoes, no sodium beef broth and, of course, spices (cayenne, chili powder, cumin, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper). Seared the cut up steak in a little olive oil...and let it and the burger simmer in tomatoes and broth for several hours before adding the beans. And it wouldn't be Chile without toppers...chopped tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapenos, shredded cheddar and just a touch of sour cream. Can you say, "Fab-you-lous!"

And, yes, I exercised great control in regards to my portions...though, truth be told, I could have done some serious damage to that sour cream...it's not that I don't eat it (heck, it's fine at this point in my diet), it's just that I. Love. Sour. Cream! And if I've learned anything this past year, it's everything in moderation. Every. Little. Thing.

That it for today.

Eat and be well,

Jane Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment