Thursday, August 12, 2010

Stabilization...Day 271...150.7 (-.2 lbs.)

Will I ever hit my goal weight of 145? Better yet, will I ever hang in the 40s for more than a day or two?

Re-checked my BMR...based on my age, height, current weight, etc., I am supposedly able to consume 1800 calories per day (this, if all I did was lay in bed all day). Yet, I rarely exceed 1300 cals per day, walk a minimum of 10,000 steps and ride my bike about 7-10 miles, 3-4 times a week. And still I hang at 149-152!

I've been eating a bit more beef than usual. Lean stuff, granted, but still beef. I think I'll focus on more chicken/fish/lean pork and see how that works.

Made a fabulous Roasted Turkey with Vegetable...here's the recipe:

Mustard Roasted Turkey & Vegetable
(A great, one-pan meal. Easy, good and fab-for-you. Plus the leftovers are great. From Colleen Turner)

6 carrots peeled, slice on diagonal about 2" long.
1 head broccoli
1 red onion cut into 1/8s
1 boneless turkey breast, rinse and pat dry
3 tbl. Grainy Dijon mustard (or a mix of 1 tbl. each grainy, yellow & Dijon…your call)
3 tsp. Olive oil
Salt & pepper

Heat oven to 425F

On a large sheet pan, toss carrots and onion with 1 tsp. oil, salt & pepper. Arrange in circle on pan. Place turkey in center (skin side up) and brush with mustard. Salt & pepper.

Cook 20 mins.

Toss broccoli (cut into florets, be sure to trim and slice stems on a diagonal, too) with 2 tsp. oil, salt and pepper. Add around carrots and turkey and cook for an additional 40 mins.

Let meat rest 10 mins. Slice and serve.

Easy as can be!

Eat and be well,

Jane Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment