Friday, February 12, 2010

Stabilization...Day 90

Down another .2...soon to break into a whole new "decade" with my weight. Very exciting...I haven't been in the 50s in over 10 years!

To recap, I recently did one round (sublingually) of the hormone HCG (Oct to mid-Nov, 2009), dropping 25.3 lbs. & 36” overall (7” off my waist alone)...now, almost three months later and eating a 1400 calorie diet, coupled with moderate exercise (at least 10,000 steps a day), I’m down a total of 35.9 lbs. & 47” overall (9” at the waist).

I think the naysayers of this miss the whole point of the HCG protocol...it’s hard, but it’s for a finite amount of time (no more than 43 days) and it’s about resetting your relationship with food/booze, etc.

I had friends laying bets I’d never last...but with the results I saw each day...and continue to see, I can not complain. And, truth be told, I have changed...my alcohol consumption is considerably less (still like to toast a glass of bubbly (sometimes 1/2 bottle) with my honey)...but red and white wine are out.

I’m not saying forever, but, quite frankly, neither tastes that good to me anymore. Champagne is still yummy, but again, a little bit goes a long way! Also, I’ve completely cut out the “whites” (potatoes, pasta, rice, bread, etc.) and with the exception of 1 or 2 peanut M&Ms as an occasional treat (and, yes, I’m content with just one or two), no sugars, either. Certainly no cakes, cookies, candy, etc.

I track every calorie I eat (peanut M&M: 10.3 calories); exceed one gallon of water consumed each day; and weigh-in every morning.

Have successfully worked in a nice variety of what I consider my “new” idea of a treat: all natural peanut butter (1 tbl. w/granny smith apple (96 & 95 cals, respectively)), tiny box of raisins (45 cals), 5 dried apricot halves (110 cals), 10 pistachios (40 cals), 5 macademia nuts pcs. (35 cals) , etc...so I don’t feel deprived.

Anyway...I feel great...have kept the initial weight off and continue to lose...and I've had no side effects to speak of...okay, I was having some issues with my hands cramping if I picked up something heavy. And considering the woeful amount of potassium I consumed during the 43-day protocol...I'm not surprised. But now I take magnesium each day (along with a couple of fish oils and a multivitamin) and I've not had the problem since.

My take? If you are serious about making a life change, try this. Make no mistake, it's hard...but not impossible.

Eat and be well,

Jane Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment