Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stabilization...33 days since my last post...

62 days since my last weigh in (LWI)...and (drum roll, please)...down an additional 4 lbs...total lost to date: 30 lbs.

Yep...consuming my required 1400 calories a day, but staying away from starches and sugars. Plus, my alcohol consumption continues to be exceptionally low...the occasional two glasses of champagne is my limit. No beer, red/white wine or mixed drinks. And, I love not having hangovers!

Still 16 pounds from my goal weight...but I've decided to do it the old fashioned way...moderate food intake, more exercise. HCG successfully jump started my effort, but now it is about making permanent life changes.

I find I don't miss the excessive boozing and eating...plus, now, by not eating bad-for-me foods, I can indulge in the new-good-for-me-foods I've come to appreciate. A green apple with all-natural peanut butter? YUM. A tiny box of raisins? SINFUL. The occasional (and I do mean, occasional) Smart-Pop 100 calorie Kettle Korn bag? LUSCIOUS. Who needs bread? Chocolate? Bailey's Irish Cream? Not me, that is for darn sure.

As for cooking...butter is out...olive oil in. Never used a ton of butter, but I've let it go...a moment of silence, please.

My fridge is a work of art...lots of good veggies; tons of mustards and hot sauces; plenty of San Pellegrino; fresh cooked, organic chicken breasts for the taking; and a wide variety of cheeses, in one-ounce portions for those hungry-horror episodes.

All in all, it's good...I feel great...look better and am still motivated...this, almost two months post-HCG.

Eat and be well,

Jane Doh!


No comments:

Post a Comment